There are several short-answer essay questions on the College of Arts and Sciences’ undergraduate scholarship application.
General Questions for All Applicants
400 words or less, with an emphasis on experience after high school
- List any awards, honors, or scholarships you have received.
- Describe any past or present research activities with which you have been involved.
- Describe any work or volunteer experience you have had, including number of hours worked per week and period of employment.
- In what extracurricular activities have you participated and in what capacity? (clubs, music, student government, etc.)
- Describe your career goal in two phases:
— What do you plan to do after graduation ?
— What would you like to be doing five years after graduation?
Pre-Health Science Questions
200 words or less
- Please describe your professional goals.
- Please describe your professional preparation to date.
- Outline your financial need for the coming academic year. (Optional)
Online applications must be completed in one session so we recommend you compose your responses beforehand.
Copy and Paste Tip
We recommend not copying and pasting directly from MS Word as it tends to insert extra characters after submission which can make your answers difficult to read.
Please copy your text into a text editor program (e.g. NotePad, TextEdit) and then copy and paste that text into the scholarship application.