Andrea Butcherite conducts undergraduate advising for the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology.
To Make an Appointment
Please call 509-335-5467 to schedule an appointment. Feel free to stop by as a walk-in during posted office hours.
Andrea was raised in Puyallup, Washington. After graduating from Emerald Ridge High School in 2006 she followed her sister’s foot steps to become a Coug! Andrea attended Washington State University and earned her B.A. degree in Criminal Justice in 2010. Her interest with Criminal Justice is more on a court/legal approach and she continues to have passion for the field. She is excited that now she can help others find their path in this area.After graduation from WSU she decided to stay within Pullman to give back to the university. She also wanted carry on her passion of social service and help others. She has worked on the graduate level to help students earning a M.A. and Ph.D. at WSU for 5 years before happily taking on the role as an Academic Advisor in 2015. What interested Andrea in going from grad to undergraduate service and advising was the joy of continuously getting to know the students and working with them one on one as they progress through their educational goals, discovering their passion, and helping them achieve opportunities in their major.
Andrea enjoys studying and learning new things. For enjoyment she also studies with Apparel, Merchandise, Design and Textile for the passion and interest. She balances being a working mom with studies and other hobbies. What brings her the most joy is her two young children. Andrea also has two Pomeranians named Prada and Bentley. Other hobbies include dance, music, food, and traveling. Her favorite place she traveled so far is London.
What Andrea’s Advisees say:
- “Andrea is very knowledgeable and helped me work to finish my senior year off with little to no stress. Outstanding Advisor. Thank you!”
- “Very helpful and positive. Andrea got me excited for graduation and my schedule next semester!”
- “Exceeded my expectations”
- “Very helpful and informative. If I ever have questions about courses or if I’m confused, she’s always very understanding and helps me find the best solutions.”
- “Really great advisor who is clear, concise, friendly and very knowledgeable about her work.”
- “I love how passionate she is”
Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology
Washington State University
Johnson Tower 701B
Pullman, WA 99164-4872