In addition to WSU-wide requirements, all College of Arts and Sciences employees (faculty, staff, and students) are required to take the basic safety training courses listed below. Speak with your supervisor regarding approved release time to complete training.
WSU Online Safety Training
- Log into Percipio using your WSU NID and password
- Click on your username in the top right corner and select Compliance
Here you will see a list of “Required Compliance Assignments.” Additionally, the following “Optional Compliance Courses” are required for employees in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Locate each course quickly by pressing CTRL+F (Mac: Command+F) and entering the course name in the search box.
- Asbestos Awareness
- Back Safety and Injury Prevention
- Emergency and Fire Preparedness
- Office Ergonomics
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Safety
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
For more information, visit the WSU Percipio FAQ.
Supervisors are required to complete the Safety Orientation Checklist with new employees on their first day.
Employees new to WSU are also required to complete the New Employee Safety Orientation course within six months of their start date.
How to Enroll
- Click on the links above and log in to WSU Percipio.
- If you do not see the selected course, enter the course title in the search bar.
- For instructor-led courses, if there are no session available, save the course to your personal learning plan or add it to your watchlist.
CAS areas may require special subject-matter training beyond the courses listed above. Every unit must provide supplemental training to faculty, staff, and students which addresses safety topics unique to their school, department, or research area, and its specific work environments.
Supervisors are required to provide appropriate safety training in a timely manner for new employees and for current employees assigned new tasks or transferred to new work environments.
Supervisors are required to re-train employees as necessary. For example, refreshing training for lab technicians or correcting observed unsafe behavior.
All supervisors are strongly encouraged to take Supervisor as Safety Manager, an instructor-led class offered through WSU Percipio.