2024 CAS 3MT Eligibility
The college competition is open to doctoral students only.
- Doctoral students who are actively enrolled (and in good standing) in a doctoral program within the College of Arts and Sciences are eligible.
- Doctoral students who are actively enrolled (and in good standing) in the Individual Interdisciplinary Doctoral Degree (IIDP) program should contact the home department of their committee chair to participate.
- The winner of the CAS 3MT qualifier must be available to participate in the WSU 3MT Competition on March 27, 2024 at 1 p.m.
Process and Deadlines
- Doctoral students must submit the CAS 3MT application (see links below for Required Materials).
- Applications will be reviewed first by the department chair or director, who will nominate students to present in the CAS 3MT competition.
- Nominated students will be notified by email through the CAS Office of the Dean.
Doctoral students from the Pullman campus must notify the chair or director of their doctoral program and electronically provide the completed application form and presentation slide to their chair or director by February 21, 2024. Nominated student participants must present in person during the CAS 3MT competition on March 6, 2024 at 3:30 p.m. The CAS winner will compete in the university-level 3MT event in Pullman on March 27, 2024 at 1 p.m. in the Veterinary Biomedical Research Building, room 305.
Doctoral students at WSU Vancouver must complete an application and notify Holly Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 a.m. on February 19, 2024. Nominated students must present in person during the WSUV 3MT competition to be held on March 1, 2024 at 1 p.m. The winner will compete in the University-level event in Pullman via recording on March 27, 2024. See WSU Vancouver site for details.
Doctoral students at WSU Tri-Cities must register by 5 p.m. on February 29, 2024, about their interest to participate in the WSUTC 3MT competition to be held on March 6, 2024 at 3 p.m. The winner will compete in the University-level event in Pullman on March 27, 2024 at 1 p.m. in the Veterinary Biomedical Research Building, room 305. See WSU Tri-Cities site for details.
Dates, times, and locations subject to change. Participants will be notified by email of any updates.
- The completed application form (PDF or Word document) which includes:
- An abstract of the student’s thesis
- An appropriate photo of the student for the CAS 3MT competition website
- The single static PowerPoint slide that will be used in the CAS 3MT competition
- See 3MT rules and criteria for more information and specific guidelines
Contact the Office of the Dean at email@example.com or (509)335-4581.
Rules and Criteria
Visit 3mt.wsu.edu/rules for judging criteria and specific guidelines.
Download the PowerPoint Slide
Contact the Office of the Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-4581.