Graduate Student Scholarship & Fellowship Eligibility
Students enrolled in a CAS graduate degree program who are advised by a CAS advisor are eligible. Not sure if you are eligible? Contact your CAS graduate faculty advisor to find out!
By completing the WSU General Scholarship Application, you will be automatically considered for all scholarships that you are eligible for at the college, department/school/program, and university levels.
For more information on graduate fellowships, please contact your faculty advisor in your academic department or school for more details.
Graduate Student Eligibility
The following criteria must be met and maintained at the time of application through the academic year in which the scholarship or fellowship is offered.
For incoming students, enrollment isn’t required until Fall 2021.
- Enrolled at the WSU Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, or Vancouver campuses
- Enrolled in a master’s or doctoral degree program offered by CAS. Students enrolled in an interdisciplinary graduate degree program are eligible as long as one degree program is offered by CAS and they are advised by a CAS advisor.
- For department or school scholarships, students must be enrolled in a graduate degree program offered by that department or school
- Need-based scholarships and fellowships require a completed FAFSA/WASFA application for consideration
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Maintain good academic and financial standing
Important Eligibility Considerations
- Students on continuous doctoral status during the academic year that the scholarship or fellowship is offered are eligible regardless of credit load.
- If a scholarship or fellowship recipient changes degree programs and/or or does not maintain the eligibility requirements during the award period, the scholarship and/or fellowship offer(s) may be rescinded and the funds, if disbursed, will be returned to the College of Arts and Sciences.
- If a student is in collections with WSU they are ineligible. Per the WSU Student Financial Services policy any student in collections will not receive any scholarship or fellowship funds.
Nov. 15 – WSU Admissions Application due for Spring Transfer Students
Nov. 30 – FAFSA/WASFA Priority Deadline for Current Students
Jan. 31 – Scholarship Application due
Jan. 31 – FAFSA/WASFA Priority Deadline for New Students
Jan. 31 – WSU Admissions Application due for Incoming Freshman
July 15 – WSU Admissions Application due for Fall Transfer Students
WSU Outside Scholarships
For all WSU students
WSU Alumni Association Scholarships
For WSU undergraduate students
Washington State Opportunity Scholarships
For low- and middle-income students in certificate, STEM, and healthcare programs
Student Financial Services Private Education Loans
For all WSU students