Psychology – Outstanding Senior 2021
Clubs, Organizations, Leadership, and Service
- Psychology Club, president
- Psi Chi, secretary (Soph.), president (Jr. and Sr.)
Internships and Employment
- Research Intern, NewEdge, Richland, WA
- Undergraduate Research Assistant: Affective and Cognitive Influences on Decisions (ACID) Lab, WSU
- Undergraduate Research Assistant: Center for Behavioral Business Research, WSU
Awards and Recognition
- Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Key Recipient
- WSU Regent Scholar
- Barney Education Abroad Scholarship Recipient
- Mark and Laura Hansen International Scholarship Recipient
Summer 2019, went to Greece on a Business faculty-led program
Honored Faculty and Mentors
- Amy Nusbaum, Psychology
- Anthony Stenson, Psychology
- Mycah Harrold, Carson College
- Pavan Munaganti, San Jose State University
- Deepika Naidu, Carson College
- Andrew Perkins, Carson College
- Chadwick Miller, Carson College
- Selamawit Yadetta, Academic Advisor
In my time knowing Emily, I have been continuously impressed by her enthusiasm, problem-solving abilities, creative thinking, and overall desire to better herself and those around her.
As a previous recipient of this award, I feel qualified to say that Emily exemplifies all the wonderful things we expect from these award recipients. Her intellectual merit, work ethic, creative thinking, and overall ability as a student are on par or exceeding that of recent awardees. Amy Nusbaum
I would like to first thank the Department of Psychology for this award, and the many professors, graduate students, and staff I have worked with through my four years at WSU for their unceasing support. The mentors and friends I have gained in the psychology and marketing departments have been instrumental in my successes and developing the ability to rebound from my failures. These experiences have made me a better student and person, and I hope to share the same kindness and grace I received with others. To my family and friends, your constant love and wisdom are why I am here today. They are the reason I strive for more; and the reason I believe in myself to accomplish whatever I seek out. I dedicate this award to them with special consideration to my parents, Greg and Becki, and my brother and sister-in-law, Stephen and Victoria.
Will be starting a full-time analyst position in June.
Long-Term: fostering new talent, using her leadership and mentoring skills.