Nominate your colleagues for awards
Each spring, College of Arts and Sciences faculty, staff, and students come together at the CAS Appreciation and Recognition Social to celebrate our collective achievements and to honor outstanding individual accomplishments with a wide variety of awards.
Your input is critical to our success as a college and our shared values of excellence, dedication, and service. Nominate your colleagues and students for a CAS award to honor their hard work and dedication before Friday, Feb. 5*—better yet, do it today!
CAS annual award categories:
- Faculty – recognize exemplary contributions in research, scholarly, and creative activities and for excellence in teaching and professional and institutional service
- Administrative professionals and civil service staff – honor demonstrated excellence in specific expertise areas—from administrative support to academic advising, information technology services, and more
- Graduate students – recognize outstanding accomplishments in research, scholarship, and/or creativity during a student’s graduate career
- Outstanding seniors – commended academic and service excellence during a student’s undergraduate career.
Nomination guidelines are summarized below. Complete details and individual award instructions, criteria, and eligibility are provided with each online award nomination form.
Award nomination and submission guidelines
For faculty, staff, and graduate student awards
- Nomination packets must be submitted to the nominee’s chair or director by 5:00 p.m. Friday, Feb. 5. (*Inquire before the deadline for unit-specific nomination processes or guidelines.)
- Chairs and directors will forward nominations to the CAS award committees for final consideration.
- Previous awardees in one category may be nominated in subsequent years in other categories.
Details at cas.wsu.edu/faculty-staff/awards-nominations.
Questions? Contact Lauren Jasmer in the Office of the Dean at email@example.com or 509-335-4582.
For outstanding senior awards
- Nominations must be submitted to the nominee’s chair or director for consideration and endorsement before the college award deadline.
Questions? Contact Arlene Parkay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-6708.
WSU launches Innovation in Teaching Award
Nomination deadline Feb. 15
The Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President with the WSU Teaching Academy announced the new WSU Innovation in Teaching Award to be conferred for the first time this spring. The award will recognize faculty who develop and apply innovative teaching approaches to enhance the depth and quality of the student-learning experience.
Whereas other awards are designed to support work to develop new ways to boost teaching and learning, the new award honors efforts that have already generated significant improvements in student learning.
Details about the Innovation in Teaching Award and nomination/application requirements can be found on the Teaching Academy website. Questions can be sent to Teaching Academy member and Regents Professor Tom Dickinson at email@example.com.
Materials must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, February 15.
The first recipient of the award will be announced Monday, April 18, at the annual award ceremony of WSU Undergraduate Education.
CAS Recognition and Appreciation Social
CUB Senior Ballroom
CAS Outstanding Seniors
Daggy Hall, Jones Theatre