- All nominees must be primarily assigned to a unit within the College of Arts and Sciences. In the case of split faculty appointments, the home department must be within the College of Arts and Sciences or one of its administrative units.
- Nominees may be based at any WSU campus.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in a master’s or doctorate program offered by the College of Arts and Sciences and be on track to graduate the same year as the award (spring, summer, or fall).
- Previous award recipients may not be nominated for the same award, but are eligible to be nominated for other recognition.
- Adjunct, affiliate, and visiting professors are not eligible for college awards.