CAS WP Network > For CAS Faculty and Staff > CAS Award Nominations > Graduate Student Awards > Doctoral Student Achievement Awards
Doctoral Student Achievement
Recognizes and honors students in three areas who have outstanding academic performance, achievements in research, scholarly, and/or creative activity, and contributions or service to their academic unit, the college and Washington State University.
Specific eligibility: All students must be on track to complete their degree in 2023 (spring, summer, or fall), and:
- Humanities award nominees must be enrolled in a PhD degree program offered by English, history, or languages, cultures, and race.
- Sciences award nominees must be enrolled in a PhD degree program offered by biological sciences, chemistry, environment, mathematics and statistics, or physics and astronomy.
- Social sciences award nominees must be enrolled in a PhD degree program offered by anthropology, criminal justice and criminology, PPPA, psychology, or sociology.
Nomination packet should include:
- A broad description (limit of two pages) of why the nominee is deserving of the award. Cite specific examples of relevant accomplishments, publications, and recognition. Focus on the impact of the nominee’s work within the discipline, across the institution, in external communities, and/or on fellow students as appropriate. Include professional development, interdisciplinary research, and outreach activity.
- Additional documentation of outstanding accomplishments in teaching, service, research, scholarly work, and/or creative activity as appropriate. If including course evaluations, limit the report to score summaries and selected comments and a maximum of three pages.
- At least one letter of support or testimonial from a professor, mentor, and/or external constituent is required.
- CV limit: 10 pages.
Download HUMANITIES nomination form and instructions.
Download SCIENCES nomination form and instructions.
Other Graduate Student Awards
Nominations for 2022 are now closed.
Review faculty and staff award recipients from years past.
Save the Date
Arts & Sciences Recognition Social
Thursday, April 20, 2023
CUB Senior Ballroom
Contact the Office of the Dean at email@example.com or 509-335-4581.